Monday, May 5, 2014

Roberta Paim Rovel defeats Thais Machado

 

On Saturday May, 3 2014 at Aspera Fighting Championship 6 at Pacifico Body Bord in Itapema, Santa Catarina, Brazil.

Roberta "Crusher" Paim Rovel (3-0-0) defeated Thais Machado (0-1-0) by TKO (retirement) at 3:55 of the first round of their 145-pound professional MMA match.

Roberta is a 26 year old 5'8 fighter originally from Sapucaia do Sul, Brazil  but now living and fighting out of Balneário Camboriú, Brazil where she trains at Astra Fight team. She is coached and managed by Marcelo Brigadeiro. She is coached in Wrestling by Tim Ruberg and her Muay Thai coach is Darren Till

Roberta is a BJJ Black Belt and a 3x BJJ World Champion, who also trains with the Brazilian National Wrestling Team. 

I asked Roberta how long she has trained in BJJ and MMA and this was her answer, "I have been training Martial Arts for 10 years and I have been focusing on MMA for the last two years. My goal is to get in the UFC and fight in the 135-pound weight class, the weight class of defending champion Ronda Rousey. I know I'll soon be on top its just a matter of time. I want to thank all the fans, you'll be hearing a lot from me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment